Site Build It Review
I think you'll agree with me when I say... It's difficult to find a real, honest Site Build It review online today.
Well, look no further, because you have found one!
In this Site Build It Review, I'm simply going to show you what SBI is all about, how it may benefit you, and how it may not.
I am not here to sell you SBI, I'm here to simply show you the facts and let you decide.
I have been with Site Build It since 2007. I originally had two websites with SBI, but moved one of them out in 2015.
I will elaborate on why I moved the site later in the review.
You will find my full Site Build It review directly below where I will reveal absolutely everything about SBI. Click here if you would rather see my Site Build It review summary.
What is Site Build It?
Site Build It is a membership site that provides tools and training designed to help you create websites and build an online business.
There is also a forum where you can get answers to questions from other members.
Site Build It is owned by Ken Evoy.
I've never had the opportunity to interact directly with Mr. Evoy, so I can't really comment on what kind of guy he is.
Which is really kind of strange, because I've been there for more than 9 years.
Another program that I am involved with has even more members than Site Build It and yet I have had direct conversations with the owners on multiple occasions.
Websites are built with what they call block builder, which I was never a big fan of.
When I first joined in 2007, I didn't like the way the block builder websites looked, so I immediately turned my attention to learning html.
Yea, that sucked, but I was forced to learn html, which still helps me today in my online business.
Site Build It is finally coming around and now offers a version to be used with WordPress.
Once again, it's too little, too late.
But at least they are trying!
Here is their promotional video where they explain what Site Build It is.
How Does Site Build It Work?
Sbi works on a business building process that they call C-T-P-M.
- C stands for Content and encompasses your online presence, including your website and social media pages
- T stands for Traffic, which your content will attract through a number of sources, including search engines and social media.
- P stands for Presell, again achieved through your content, you will presell prospects.
- M stands for Monetize, which is how you will make money from your website.
I'm not going to tell you that this method doesn't work, because it does, but it is not very clearly explained. It can be very confusing to learn and difficult to grasp the concept.
Here's my explanation of how Site Build It works.
- Find a Niche for Your Website - You will need to find a niche that you have an interest in to build your site around.
- Build a Website - You will begin to build the site and create content using the block builder, which they now call SiteDesigner.
- Attract Traffic and Build Relationships - After you have at least 10 web pages up, you will begin to generate traffic and build relationships with your readers.
- Monetize - After you have developed a steady stream of traffic, it is time to monetize.
Keep reading below for a more in depth Site Build It review!
Is Site Build It a Scam?
If you have done a Google search for "Site Build It review", you have undoubtedly found the review from the woman with the decorating blog that claims Site Build It is a scam.
I'm not sure why she has such a bee in her bonnet, but Site Build It is not a scam.
It seems that she was unhappy with her experience with SBI and when she tried to voice her concerns online, she was attacked by the SBI Machine.
So... She got into a pissing match with the powers that be at Site Build It.
The problem with that is the argument that ensued just led to more content for her ugly review and now she's at the top of the results on Google and probably will be for a long time!
I guess the lesson is...
Don't get into a pissing match with an interior decorator!
What's the real story?
The real story is that Site Build It is not a scam.
It is a real program for helping people build an online business.
However, in my opinion, it is not the best program for creating websites and building real, sustainable online business.
Keep reading this Site Build It review to find out why.
One last thought on "Is Site Build It a scam?"...
There are many unscrupulous internet marketers out there whose marketing strategy is to say that a program is a scam, simply in order to recommend another program.
I am not one of those marketers.
You will only find me reviewing programs and products that I actually use and know well.
And I will present my reviews with honesty and integrity.
It is what sets apart from other internet marketers and it is a huge reason for the success of my online business.
Enough about me...
Let's move on to the rest of the Site Build It review!
What are the Pros and Cons of Site Build It?
- All in one system for creating a website and building an online business.
- Includes some pretty useful tools like a keyword research tool and content 2.0, which I will explain below.
- 90 Day Money Back Guarantee, although you do have to pay up front with a credit card.
- Training is both written and high quality videos.
- The Forums are very helpful.
The one complaint that I hear the most is that it seems like every explanation is drawn out to 1000 words.
If you are looking for an answer to a specific question, you may have read through thousands of words to find an answer that could have been 100 words long.
One of the mantras, if you will, is to over deliver, but they take it too far.
The training is not easy to understand.
Everything is very wordy.
Almost like they are trying to add words simply to add words, without value.
All of this extra fluff makes it very difficult to find answers to your questions.
Who Can Benefit from Site Build It?
Site Build It is mainly for beginners.
Here is a list of people that Site Build It is designed to help.
- Stay at home Moms and Dads.
- Students and teens.
- Local businesses.
- Anyone that wants to learn how to build a website.
What Training and Tools are Available at Site Build It?
Site Build It Review of the training.
The training inside of Site Build It is called the Action Guide.
It consists of a written guide as well as videos and audio.
The guide is broken down into 10 days plus an introduction...
- Intro - The 10-Day Big Picture. The concept of 10 days and CTPM uncovered.
- Day 1 - Master the All Important Basics. Build the foundation of your business right now.
- Day 2 - Develop Your Best Site Concept. The rest of your business rides on this decision.
- Day 3 - Brainstorm Profitable Topics. Finish with your site content blueprint in hand.
- Day 4 - Investigate and Plan Monetization Options. Let's show you the money.
- Day 5 - Refine Site Concept and Register Domain Name. It's major decision time.
- Day 6 - Build a site that Gets the Click. Put your hard hat on for the construction phase.
- Day 7 - Build Free Traffic From a Variety of Sources. The lifeblood of your business.
- Day 8 - Develop Relationships. Deepen preselling.
- Day 9 - Know your Visitors. Maximize profits.
- Day 10 - Monetize. Begin implementing your day 4 monetization plan.
Site Build It Review of the Tools.
Site Build does have a number of pretty cool tools.
- BrainStorm It - Keyword Research Tool
- Site Builder - SBI site building tool.
- Socialize It - Adds social sharing buttons.
- Face It - Adds a facebook like button.
- Mobilize It - Mobil Friendliness tool.
- Content 2.0 - User submitted posts.
BrainStorm It is a decent keyword tool although I no longer use it.
I now use Long Tail Pro. It is far superior.
The Site Builder tool is OK for beginners, but you really should consider getting to know WordPress.
Like I said before, SBI has an option for WordPress. You can learn more about that by clicking here.
My favorite SBI tool is Content 2.0.
It is the only reason that I still have one website with SBI.
Content 2.0 is a tool that allows you to publish an invitation on your website that asks your readers to submit their "story".
I have had huge success with this tool!
I have not updated the website that I still have with SBI in years, but it gets updated because readers submit their stories and update it for me!
Of course, I have to approve the contributions before they go live.
But how cool is it that your readers supply the content for your website!
I have recently found a WordPress Plugin that does the same thing, called: User Submitted Posts.
What is the Site Build It Community Like?
The Site Build It community exists in the form of a forum.
There are many helpful members in the forums and they cover many different topics.
The problem that I have with the forums is that they have an old and outdated look and feel.
Also it is very difficult to find what you are looking for.
I was thinking that maybe it was just me, so I decided to make a you a video so that you can see the forums and decide for yourself.
Hope it helps!
How Does Site Build It Compare to Wealthy Affiliate?
Wealthy Affiliate is a direct competitor of Site Build It and I am a member of both programs.
Unfortunately, since joining Wealthy Affiliate, it is very difficult for me to recommend Site Build it.
It simply is nowhere near as good as Wealthy Affiliate and does not have a free option to join.
See my Site Build It Review chart below comparing the two programs.
Site Build It Review Conclusion
I can be a little long winded at times, but I hope that I have answered all of your questions in this Site Build it review.
If you still have questions, please post them in the comments below and I will answer them for you.
Do I recommend Site Build It for beginners and others that want to create websites and build a real, sustainable online business?
Unfortunately, the answer is No.
Site Build It is just not what it used to be and there are much better options, with better training and unlimited websites.
My #1 Recommendation is Wealthy Affiliate. See my complete review here.
It is so much better than Site Build It.
I honestly believe that you will not find a better place to learn to build a real, sustainable online business.
Join me for free inside Wealthy Affiliate and let me help you build your dreams today!
I hope that you have found this Site Build It review helpful.
See my Site Build It Review Summary in the box below.
Site Build It Review Summary
Product Name: Site Build It!
Product Type: Membership site designed to help anyone create websites and build a profitable business.
Price: $299 year, or $29.99 month
Summary: I learned a lot from SBI when I joined back in 2007, but they have not kept up with the times. There are much better options today that do everything that SBI does, only they do it much better.
Final Verdict: Site Build it is a very comprehensive program that teaches you how to build an online business. I still recommend it, but there is a better option.
Please leave your questions and comments on the Site Build It review below.