Affilorama Review – Is Affilorama Legit or Scam?
I think you'll agree with me when I say, it is difficult to navigate courses online and avoid the scams. So today I am going to share my Affilorama Review with you, where I will give you an inside look at the program and share my experience with you.
Here's the deal...
If you have been trying to make money online for any amount of time, then surely you have been involved in some programs that took your money and never made good on their promises.
Trust me... I've been there.
I'm here to tell you that there is no Affilorama scam.
However, that doesn't mean that Affilorama is the right program for you.
In this Affilorama Review, I will show you exactly what the program is all about and you can decide if it is right for you.
Affilorama Review Summary
Product Name: Affilorama
Creator: Mark Ling
Product Type: Membership site providing in depth training on how to make money with affiliate marketing.
Price: $0 cost to get started.
Summary: While Affilorama does not provide everything that is needed for a successful affiliate marketing business, it does provide an affiliate marketing education.
Final Verdict: Recommended, but there may be a better option for you. I recommend you check out my Wealthy Affiliate Review.
Who is Mark Ling?
I am sure that you know by now that Mark Ling is the founder of Affilorama and I thought that it would be a good idea to take an in depth look at exactly who Mark Ling is for this Affilorama Review.
Mark Ling is a millionaire affiliate marketer that has worked his ass off to become successful.
Mark's affiliate marketing education came the hard way.
There was no Affilorama to turn to for an education when Mark got started with affiliate marketing while in college.
Mark quickly found success in affiliate marketing and found himself making thousands of dollars per week and living the dream!
However, Mark wasn't doing all the right things.
In fact, Mark was doing some things that were very wrong.
Things that the almighty Google didn't like and just as fast as Mark had found success, he lost it all.
He actually quit affiliate marketing and took a nine to five job, but he knew that wasn't for him.
So he got back into affiliate marketing. Only this time, he was armed with the education that he had received in the school of hard knocks.
He now knew what Google wanted and more importantly, what Google doesn't like.
He put his new knowledge to work and quickly ascended the ladder to a super affiliate once again.
Today, Mark Ling is a multi millionaire who is living the life of his dreams.
One of his dreams was to be able to help others to find their dream life by teaching them how to use affiliate marketing to build an online business.
That is how Affilorama was born.
That's enough about Mark Ling.
Let's take an in depth look at his Affilorama program.
In this Affilorama review, I have recommended the program, but with a caveat.
The Affilorama program does have some advantages:
1. Affilorama offers more than 100 free lessons that provide a fairly extensive education in affiliate marketing, email marketing and more.
2. Affilorama is absolutely free and there are no hidden costs or fees. They do offer a Premium membership which you may want to join after you have gone through the lessons in the free membership, but there is never any obligation.
3. If you ever decided to join the Premium program, they offer the first month for only $1. This gives you the opportunity to see and evaluate exactly what you will be getting with the Premium membership.
4. You are learning from professional affiliate marketers that actually make a full time living in affiliate marketing.
Even though I have recommended the program, there are a some things that I don't like about Affilorama
1. Affilorama's free membership has some good training, but it does not include everything that you need to get started with affiliate marketing, like web hosting and other tools. For beginners that want a program with everything included, I recommend Wealthy Affiliate.
2. Another thing that I am not crazy about with Affilorama is all of the up sells. There is always another program that they are trying to sell you.
Who Is It Best Suited For?
As I was viewing the training videos and preparing my notes for this Affilorama review, one of the questions that I was thinking of was, who is this Affilorama best suited for?
I think it is best suited for the beginner that wants to learn affiliate marketing and learn how to build an online business using an affiliate marketing model.
Like any other program that I recommend, Affilorama is not a get rich quick scheme. It is an education into how to build an online business using affiliate marketing.
Yes, I said business...
It is about building a real business with the real day to day tasks and hard work that any other business requires.
If your idea of an online business is sitting on a beach somewhere living the "Laptop Lifestyle" then you will not succeed.
But if you are the type that is going to roll up your sleeves, get an education and complete the tasks and take action, then you can benefit from this program and any other.
What's Included in Affilorama?
In this section I will provide an Affilorama Review of the lessons included. There are over 100 video lessons that contain actionable content on a whole host of valuable topics.
Here are some of the lessons that you will find inside Affilorama.
1. Essential Resources Every New Affiliate Marketer Needs
In this module you will find the basics of affiliate Marketing, similar to my Affiliate Marketing for Dummies article.
Here are the video lessons included in this section.
- Affiliate Marketing for Beginners
- How Does Affiliate Marketing Work?
- How to Identify Affiliate Sites.
- Examples of Affiliate Sites - How Are They Making Money?
- How to Find Affiliate Programs.
- Affiliate Marketing Without a Website.
- How to Get Traffic to Your Website with Alternative Methods.
- 12 Essential Tips to Double Your Productivity.
- What's the Fastest Way to Get Started Online?
Pretty basic stuff here, but it is information that any beginner needs and the purpose is to build a proper foundation.
2. Market Research for Affiliate Marketers
In this section you will learn how to research the market and find a profitable niche that you will enjoy. You will also learn about keyword research which, in my opinion is one of the most important skills that an affiliate marketer can learn and master.
Here are the video lessons from this section:
- 4 Steps to Finding Profitable Affiliate Niches.
- Keyword Research - SEO Competition Analysis.
- What Does Your Market Want?
- 10 Alternatives to Clickbank.
- How to Do Keyword Research - 7 Techniques and Tools.
- Understanding Market Interactions.
- How to Choose an Affiliate Program.
- How to Use CJ Affiliate - Formerly Commission Junction.
3. Content Creation
This module deals with the all important skill of creating content and understanding exactly what your readers and Google want to see on the pages of your website.
There are some really good lessons in this module, but there are also some that I don't like.
I am not a fan of PLR material. PLR stands for Private Label Rights and basically it is material that someone else has created and given you permission to use it as your own.
The problem is that this leads to a lot of duplicate content which is a big no no in Googles eyes.
But anyway, the other lessons are very good.
Here are the video courses that are included in this section of Affilorama.
- "But I'm Not a Writer" - Easy Ways to Get Content For Your Site.
- PLR Articles.
- Duplicate Content - What it is and How to Avoid it.
- Writing Product Reviews.
- Headlines For Affiliate Sites.
- Writing Presells and Sales Letters.
- How to Write Winning Email Subject Lines That Get Opened.
- How to Record Affiliate Videos.
- 7 Steps to Improve Conversion Rates.
4. Site Building
This Affilorama module will cover all aspects of getting your website up and running.
It seems like this part gets easier and easier all the time. WordPress has brought website creation and building to the masses as it is no longer required to have knowledge of htlml and css to create websites that look awesome and perform at high levels right out of the box.
While there is some great training here, I feel like a lot of it is over the head of a beginner and not really necessary.
It is one of the many reasons that I prefer Wealthy Affiliate. WA takes care of a lot of this stuff behind the scenes for you. With Wealthy Affiliate you will never have to deal with a good portion of the stuff in the lessons below.
Here are the video lessons that are included in this section.
- Step by Step - Building a Basic Web Page.
- Uploading Your Website with FileZilla.
- Linking Your Domain with Your Hosting.
- What to Look For in a Hosting Provider.
- Which Website Building Software to Use.
- Finding and Registering a Domain Name.
- Anatomy of a Web Page.
- Good Housekeeping.
- Web Design Troubleshooting.
- Anatomy of a Web Page #2.
- How to Hide Your Affiliate Links With Redirects.
- Simplifying Navigation with PHP Includes.
- Date Scripts.
- How to Create a Rollover Button.
- 7 Crucial Site Building Mistakes You Need to Fix.
5. Marketing Ideas
This Affilorama Module is quite extensive and it should be. Marketing is what separates the successful online business owners from the hobbyists.
These lessons cover the all important Social Media Marketing as well as traffic generation strategies, email marketing and more.
Again, there is some quality training here, but some of it is outdated and should be removed or updated. Some of the lessons deal with Page Rank, which doesn't even exist anymore.
Here are the individual video lessons included in this section.
- Introduction to Blogging.
- Setting Up a WordPress Blog.
- How to Write a Blog Post.
- 5 Ways to Monetize Your Blog.
- Transfer Your Run of the Mill Blog into a Designer Sensation in Just 3 Minutes.
- Customize Your WordPress Blog with Essential Plugins.
- Introduction to Email Marketing.
- Anatomy of a Newsletter.
- The #1 Newsletter Strategy.
- Your Burning Questions Answered.
- How to Get Traffic and Leads with Solo Ads.
- How to Use Facebook for Affiliates.
- How to Use Twitter for Affiliates.
- How to Use Google Plus for Affiliates.
- How to Create a Squidoo Lens.
- Web 2.0 Introduction.
- Social Bookmarking.
- The Best of the Social Bookmarking Sites.
- The Web 2.0 Backlink Method.
- Creating a Buzz with Viral PDFs.
- Inbound Marketing - 5 Forgotten Traffic Methods You Can Use Today.
- Super Affiliate Millionaire Secrets.
6. Search Engine Optimization
This is an extremely important module because the quality of your SEO skills is going to determine your ability to rank your content in the search engines.
I was once again slightly disappointed with some of this training.
I have found some of it to be quite outdated. For instance, there is a whole lesson on What is Google Page Rank.
I can tell you that Google Page Rank does not even exist anymore.
A lot of these lessons should be either updated or removed entirely.
- Site Maps.
- How to Move Your Pages with 301 Redirects.
- URL Canonicalization - To www or not to www.
- Robots.txt - Telling Search Engines What They Can and Cannot Index.
- Introduction to Affiliate Marketing.
- What is Google Page Rank?
- Getting Backlinks for SEO.
- Top 6 On Page SEO Factors.
- How to Get Your Website Indexed.
- 4 Areas of On Page SEO to Tweak on Your Site.
- 4 Simple Steps to Building Quality Links That Google Will Love.
7. Pay Per Click
This module involves Pay Per Click Marketing or PPC and before you decide to attempt this type of marketing make very sure that you are comfortable with the process and that you are ok with losing some money.
I'm starting to sound like a broken record, but again a lot of this information is outdated and no longer relevant.
Here are the video lessons included in this module.
- Introduction into Affiliate Marketing PPC.
- What is PPC?
- Affiliate Networks Used by PPC Gurus.
- Quality Score and Google Slap.
- PPC Landing Pages.
- Writing and Placing Google Ads.
- Writing and Placing Yahoo Ads.
- Writing and Placing Microsoft Adcenter Ads.
- Conversion Tracking.
- Bonuses for Better Conversions.
- Alternate Sources of Traffic.
8. Affiliate Outsourcing
This module is all about affiliate outsourcing which can be a necessity as you grow your business and need to scale.
Here are the video lessons included in this module.
- Introduction to Outsourcing.
- Top Tips for Hiring.
- Keeping Workers Productive.
As you can see, the training at Affilorama is extensive and some of it is really high quality training.
Unfortunately, there are some lessons that are very outdated and really should be updated or removed completely.
What Others are Saying About Affilorama
Many of the Affilorama reviews that I have read have raved about how good the education is at Affilorama, but if you look closer at the reviews, they all find the same issues as I have noted above.
There is a lack of updating with the training that takes away from all of the good stuff.
If Mark Ling an Affilorama would update the training or remove the outdated training, this would be a much higher quality product.
Affilorama Review of the Forum
I have logged in to the Affilorama forum and looked around. While there was some activity, it was nothing like the activity in the Wealthy Affiliate Community.
It is good for asking questions and checking back later for answers, but I am used to the almost instant responses to questions at Wealthy Affiliate and waiting for answers would frustrate me.
All in all, I think the forums are an adequate way to communicate with other members, but I'm spoiled because I know there is a better way.
Below is a screenshot of the Affilorama forum taken on March 25, 2017. You can see that none of the forum posts in this training module had been commented on or answered for at least 9 days!
Compare that with the responsiveness of the Wealthy Affiliate Community which you can see in my Wealthy Affiliate Review.
Is Affilorama Legit?
Is Affilorama Legit?
It is a fair question given the number of online scams taking unsuspecting people's money today.
Affilorama is legit.
There is no Affilorama scam.
It is a fairly high quality education platform that has a lot to offer the beginner interested in learning affiliate marketing.
I think one of the reasons that so many people are asking; is Affilorama legit is because there are so many unscrupulous internet marketers that will do dishonest reviews in order to sell their own products.
I prefer to be honest, tell you what I have found inside the program, give you my professional opinion and then let you decide whether or not the product is right for you.
Yes, Affilorama is legit.
No Affilorama is not a scam.
But, I believe there is a better option for affiliate marketing education in Wealthy Affiliate.
How Much Does Affilorama Cost?
Affilorama is free to join, which adds further evidence to the fact that it is legit and not a scam.
I'll be honest with you, there is a lot of quality training offered for free inside the program.
There is a premium version available if you decide that you want more after the free version and that version is only $1 for the first month.
This gives you full access to the premium version and allows you to see what is inside and whether or not it is worth it for you to continue with the premium version.
It is a very fair deal and very impressive to let people see what they are getting before they commit.
My advice to you would be to join for free and also join Wealthy Affiliate for free and compare the two programs.
You have nothing to lose.
Affilorama Review Verdict
I've been doing this a long time and I have built a successful online business that provides myself and my family with a lifestyle that we cherish.
Since starting my online business in 2007, I have bought many different programs. Some good, some not so good.
Where does Affilorama stack up?
Somewhere in the middle.
It is not the best affiliate marketing training program that I have come across, but it isn't the worst either.
There is some real high quality training to be had inside the program.
I feel that the program could be improved in a relatively short period of time by eliminating some of the outdated training and updating some of the other training.
With all of that being said, I do recommend Affilorama for beginners interested in learning how to make money and build a business with affiliate marketing.
As I've mentioned earlier, it is about building a real business. It is not for anyone lazy that thinks it is going to be easier than getting up and going to a job everyday, because it's not.
It is hard work and takes dedication and a burning desire to succeed.
If you have that, then you can take this education and make an awesome life for yourself.
If you’re still wondering, is Affilorama a scam? No absolutely not. It’s a tried and tested education system designed to teach you affiliate marketing and if you are willing to learn and apply yourself, there is no limit to what you can accomplish.
I hope that you have enjoyed my Affilorama Review and I hope that you have learned about the program.
If you are not sure about Affilorama and you are looking for a program that includes hosting as well as training and everything that you need to build a real, sustainable online business, check out my top recommendation Wealthy Affiliate.
Please leave your comments and questions below.