Solo Build It Review (Formerly Site Build It)
I think you'll agree with me when I say... It's difficult to find a real, honest Solo Build It review (Formerly Site Build It) online today.
Well, look no further, because you have found one!
Update 2019: Site Build It has been rebranded as Solo Build It. It seems that Site Build It was not living up to the expectations of some and had a number of negative reviews online. In an attempt to revive the reputation of the company, its founder, Ken Evoy, has decided to rebrand the company with the name Solo Build It. This allows it to retain the well known moniker of SBI, while allowing a host of new reviews to be found in Google.
Below you will find an honest Solo Build It Review where I will share my 9 year journey with Solo Build it!
In this Solo Build It Review, I'm simply going to show you what SBI is all about, how it may benefit you, and how it may not.
I am not here to sell you SBI, I'm here to simply show you the facts and let you decide.
I have been with Solo Build It since 2007. I originally had two websites with SBI, but moved one of them out in 2015.
I will elaborate on why I moved the site later in the review.
You will find my full Solo Build It Review directly below where I will reveal absolutely everything about SBI. Click here if you would rather see my Solo Build It review summary.
What is Solo Build It (Formerly Site Build It)?
Solo Build It is a membership site that provides tools and training designed to help you create websites and build an online business.
There is also a forum where you can get answers to questions from other members.
Solo Build It is owned by Ken Evoy.
I've never had the opportunity to interact directly with Mr. Evoy, so I can't really comment on what kind of guy he is.
Which is really kind of strange, because I've been there for more than 9 years.
Another program that I am involved with has even more members than SBI and yet I have had direct conversations with the owners on multiple occasions.
Websites are built with what they call block builder, which I was never a big fan of.
When I first joined in 2007, I didn't like the way the block builder websites looked, so I immediately turned my attention to learning html.
Yea, that sucked, but I was forced to learn html, which still helps me today in my online business.
SBI is finally coming around and now offers a version to be used with WordPress.
Once again, it's too little, too late.
But at least they are trying!
Here is their promotional video where they explain what Solo Build It is.
How Does Solo Build It (Formerly Site Build It) Work?
Sbi works on a business building process that they call C-T-P-M.
- C stands for Content and encompasses your online presence, including your website and social media pages
- T stands for Traffic, which your content will attract through a number of sources, including search engines and social media.
- P stands for Presell, again achieved through your content, you will presell prospects.
- M stands for Monetize, which is how you will make money from your website.
I'm not going to tell you that this method doesn't work, because it does, but it is not very clearly explained. It can be very confusing to learn and difficult to grasp the concept.
Here's my explanation of how SBI works.
- Find a Niche for Your Website - You will need to find a niche that you have an interest in to build your site around.
- Build a Website - You will begin to build the site and create content using the block builder, which they now call SiteDesigner.
- Attract Traffic and Build Relationships - After you have at least 10 web pages up, you will begin to generate traffic and build relationships with your readers.
- Monetize - After you have developed a steady stream of traffic, it is time to monetize.
Keep reading below for a more in depth Solo Build It review!
Is Solo Build It a Scam?
If you have done a Google search for "Site Build It review" or "Solo Build It Review", you have undoubtedly found the review from the woman with the decorating blog that claims Site Build It, now Solo Build It, is a scam.
I'm not sure why she has such a bee in her bonnet, but Solo Build It is not a scam.
It seems that she was unhappy with her experience with SBI and when she tried to voice her concerns online, she was attacked by the SBI Machine.
So... She got into a pissing match with the powers that be at Solo Build It (formerly Site Build It).
The problem with that is the argument that ensued just led to more content for her ugly review and now she's at the top of the results on Google and probably will be for a long time!
I guess the lesson is...
Don't get into a pissing match with an interior decorator!
What's the real story?
The real story is that SBI is not a scam.
It is a real program for helping people build an online business.
However, in my opinion, it is not the best program for creating websites and building real, sustainable online business.
Keep reading this Solo Build It review to find out why.
One last thought on "Is Solo Build It a scam?"...
There are many unscrupulous internet marketers out there whose marketing strategy is to say that a program is a scam, simply in order to recommend another program.
I am not one of those marketers.
You will only find me reviewing programs and products that I actually use and know well.
And I will present my reviews with honesty and integrity.
It is what sets apart from other internet marketers and it is a huge reason for the success of my online business.
Enough about me...
Let's move on to the rest of the Solo Build It review!
What are the Pros and Cons of Solo Build It (Formerly Site Build It)?
- All in one system for creating a website and building an online business.
- Includes some pretty useful tools like a keyword research tool and content 2.0, which I will explain below.
- 90 Day Money Back Guarantee, although you do have to pay up front with a credit card.
- Training is both written and high quality videos.
- The Forums are very helpful.
The one complaint that I hear the most is that it seems like every explanation is drawn out to 1000 words.
If you are looking for an answer to a specific question, you may have read through thousands of words to find an answer that could have been 100 words long.
One of the mantras, if you will, is to over deliver, but they take it too far.
The training is not easy to understand.
Everything is very wordy.
Almost like they are trying to add words simply to add words, without value.
All of this extra fluff makes it very difficult to find answers to your questions.
Who Can Benefit from Solo Build It?
SBI is mainly for beginners.
Here is a list of people that SBI is designed to help.
- Stay at home Moms and Dads.
- Students and teens.
- Local businesses.
- Anyone that wants to learn how to build a website.
What Training and Tools are Available at Solo Build It?
Solo Build It Review of the training.
The training inside of SBI is called the Action Guide.
It consists of a written guide as well as videos and audio.
The guide is broken down into 10 days plus an introduction...
- Intro - The 10-Day Big Picture. The concept of 10 days and CTPM uncovered.
- Day 1 - Master the All Important Basics. Build the foundation of your business right now.
- Day 2 - Develop Your Best Site Concept. The rest of your business rides on this decision.
- Day 3 - Brainstorm Profitable Topics. Finish with your site content blueprint in hand.
- Day 4 - Investigate and Plan Monetization Options. Let's show you the money.
- Day 5 - Refine Site Concept and Register Domain Name. It's major decision time.
- Day 6 - Build a site that Gets the Click. Put your hard hat on for the construction phase.
- Day 7 - Build Free Traffic From a Variety of Sources. The lifeblood of your business.
- Day 8 - Develop Relationships. Deepen preselling.
- Day 9 - Know your Visitors. Maximize profits.
- Day 10 - Monetize. Begin implementing your day 4 monetization plan.
Solo Build It Review of the Tools.
SBI does have a number of pretty cool tools.
- BrainStorm It - Keyword Research Tool
- Site Builder - SBI site building tool.
- Socialize It - Adds social sharing buttons.
- Face It - Adds a facebook like button.
- Mobilize It - Mobil Friendliness tool.
- Content 2.0 - User submitted posts.
BrainStorm It is a decent keyword tool although I no longer use it.
I now use Long Tail Pro. It is far superior.
The Site Builder tool is OK for beginners, but you really should consider getting to know WordPress.
Like I said before, SBI has an option for WordPress. You can learn more about that by clicking here.
My favorite SBI tool is Content 2.0.
It is the only reason that I still have one website with SBI.
Content 2.0 is a tool that allows you to publish an invitation on your website that asks your readers to submit their "story".
I have had huge success with this tool!
I have not updated the website that I still have with SBI in years, but it gets updated because readers submit their stories and update it for me!
Of course, I have to approve the contributions before they go live.
But how cool is it that your readers supply the content for your website!
I have recently found a WordPress Plugin that does the same thing, called: User Submitted Posts.
What is the Solo Build It Community Like?
The Solo Build It community exists in the form of a forum.
There are many helpful members in the forums and they cover many different topics.
The problem that I have with the forums is that they have an old and outdated look and feel.
Also it is very difficult to find what you are looking for.
I was thinking that maybe it was just me, so I decided to make a you a video so that you can see the forums and decide for yourself.
Hope it helps!
How Does Solo Build It Compare to Wealthy Affiliate?
This is the age old rivalry of Solo Build It vs Wealthy Affiliate.
Wealthy Affiliate is a direct competitor of Solo Build It and I am a member of both programs.
They are very similar programs and offer roughly the same things.
The difference is in how the training and communities interact and how the student best learns.
Also, I feel that there is more value with Wealthy Affiliate.
Unfortunately, since joining Wealthy Affiliate, it is very difficult for me to recommend SBI.
It simply is nowhere near as good as Wealthy Affiliate and does not have a free option to join.
See my Solo Build It Review chart below comparing the two programs.
Solo Build It vs Wealthy Affiliate Comparison Chart
Solo Build It Review Conclusion
I can be a little long winded at times, but I hope that I have answered all of your questions in this Solo Build it review, formerly Site Build It Review.
If you still have questions, please post them in the comments below and I will answer them for you.
Do I recommend SBI for beginners and others that want to create websites and build a real, sustainable online business?
I can recommend SBI because it is the right platform for some people. I spent almost ten years there and I was successful, but I can't help but think that I would have found more success sooner if I had found Wealthy Affiliate first.
My #1 Recommendation is Wealthy Affiliate. See my complete review here.
It is so much better than Solo Build It.
I honestly believe that you will not find a better place to learn to build a real, sustainable online business.
Join me for free inside Wealthy Affiliate and let me help you build your dreams today!
I hope that you have found this Solo Build It review, formerly Site Build It Review helpful.
See my Solo Build It Review Summary in the box below.
Please leave your questions and comments on the Solo Build It review below.